Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Molasses Sugar Cookies

This is the irresistible recipe of my mom's mouthwatering molasses sugar cookies:

Molasses Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:

3/4 c. shortening or butter 2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar 2 c. sifted flour
1/4 c. molasses 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 egg 1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:

Melt shortening/butter in saucepan. Remove and cool. Add sugar,molasses and egg. Beat well. Add combined flour, spices and salt. Mix well. Chill dough. Form into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar. Bake @ 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. For extra chewy cookies, remove from oven when almost done and let set on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes.


If you decide to make these cookies I hope you enjoy them and I hope they appeal to your liking. I heard a lot of people liked them and I hope you do too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you put this on the blog! My mum was very eager to make these and now she can! thanks!

Anonymous said...

No problem millie. it is for anybody to use!